1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Managed a business properly. Paperwork and licenses and everything.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Probably not but I should, for both
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, I'm still not old yet.
5. What countries did you visit?
I guess the USA still counts as a visit, but apart from that nothing as I'm not allowed to leave this place.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Day we got our visas allowed
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a small rash which ended up costing about $250 to get a doctor to look at. I hope I don't get properly sick here because healthcare is screwed here and even a minor illness could bankrupt many people, even if they're insured.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
19cm Dior Homme jeans or a 1996 Geo Metro, which shockingly cost about the same. A guy's gotta have priorities!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Kim - my super-awesome cute, smart, nerdy girlfriend
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
I didn't have any money.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting our visas approved
Going to the Beat Harvest warehouse party out in the Florida countryside
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Mountain Goats - This Year
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? No change. My situation is technically worse, but I'm still optimistic for the future.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter (but still technically underweight)
c) richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling and making friends
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying and overworking
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Lying in a drunken stupor on the sofa in front of James Bond covered in food stains and with my family, just how I like it.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost or Pushing Daisies
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, still don't hate anyone
25. What was the best book you read?
Suburban Nation - The Rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American Dream
The Age of Spiritual Machines
The Richest Man in Babylon
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Mountain Goats, Neko Case, Pulp's early acid house tracks
27. What did you want and get?
True love, subscription to The Economist
28. What did you want and not get?
To move out
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Darjeeling Limited
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 24 and I went to the opening night of Die Hard 4 with my family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My brother not crashing our car a month after we got it.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
33. What kept you sane?
Kim, deluded optimism
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. Who was the best new person you met?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Being a grown up is really fucking hard. (kept Emma's answer)
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year at the moment it would be:
"and then Cathy showed up
and we hung out
trading swigs from a bottle
all bitter and clean
twin high maintenance machines
i am going to make it through this year
if it kills me
i am going to make it though this year
if it kills me"